Why are you seeing this page?
- You have likely just requested a page on the ControlTier wiki site
- This page is to make sure you know that the ControlTier wiki is being shut off in May 2013
- Until the wiki is turned off, you can access it at http://doc36.controltier.org/wiki/Main_Page
Interested in a standalone web-based distributed automation console?
- You will want to check out Rundeck.
- Rundeck is a fresh approach built for Cloud and DevOps
- Rundeck complements newer tools like Puppet, Chef, Vagrant, Jenkins, Nexus, Git, etc...
- As opposed to ControlTier's monlithic approach, Rundeck supports a toolchain approach that is easier to use and even more powerful
- Most of the core committers from ControlTier are now working on Rundeck
- ControlTier and Rundeck share similar philosophies about fully automating your infrastructure, but Rundeck is a new code base and has moved in a new direction
- Rundeck has a larger and more active community
- SimplifyOps provides support and services for Rundeck
Why is the ControlTier wiki being shut off?
- The ControlTier project is a dormant project (the last release was 2011-September-24)
- There is no corporate sponsor who will continue hosting the wiki
What is happening to the wiki content, source code, google group?
- The wiki pages (without the images) have been exported here: https://github.com/gschueler/controltier-wiki
- A dump of the wiki will be made available via the ControlTier project on SourceForge
- The source code is still hosted on Sourceforge (unchanged) and the google group is still active (unchanged)